Mississippi State has no graduate degree programs within our department. If you are interested in graduate school: www.philosophyandreligion.msstate.edu/careers
Graduate students at MSU can take the following PHI courses at the graduate level:
- PHI 6123 - Contemporary Continental Philosophy
- PHI 6143 - Philosophy of Science
- PHI 6173 - Philosophy of Biology
- PHI 6223 - Philosophy of Cognitive Science
- PHI 8101 - Case Studies in Scientific Research Ethics
Graduate-level Directed Independent Studies in PHI or REL are also possible.
Graduate Minor Requirements
Requirements are usually controlled by degree program of the candidate, but standard is 6-9 hours for M.A. students and 9-12 hours for Ph.D. students.
Graduate Committee Membership
All of our Ph.D. faculty are qualified to serve on graduate committees in other departments, and some can direct masters or Ph.D. work under the auspices of other departments.